Sunday 20 April 2014

Eastering

Happily, we haven't out grown Easter eggs around here.


We tried something new - we used Koolaid packets in 2/3 cup of water and they worked beautifully. Unfortunately, our grocery store only had Orange, Green (lemon-lime) and Cherry in stock, which limited the colours we made, but then the girls decorated the eggs with paint pens and I think they were our best yet. I am going to have to stock up on varieties of Koolaid this summer and save them for next spring.


We took our eggs with us to Lethbridge on Saturday to do some Eastering with the Norton cousins, including our newest cousin, Victoria.


We had a hotdog roast at Indian Battle Park, and we were lucky enough to watch a 2 mile train cross the 1 mile High Level Bridge. After lunch the kids had an Easter Egg hunt. (They found all but one plastic egg, and we finally gave up and left it there.)


For me the most fun was the egg roll. I have memories of doing egg rolls with my cousins, but the eggs generally got stuck in the grass and didn't go far.


These eggs really travelled! We climbed a steep staircase to the top of a coulee, and the beaten path next to the staircase created the perfect track for the eggs. Maxwell won the longest roll, and Carmen won the longest throw.


It was a gorgeous day!

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I have never had an egg roll. I think that one looks so fun.

Glad to hear the Kool-aid dye worked so well. I'll stock up now too.

Fun to see Marie's kids in the pictures.

Marie said...

We had a great time. Thanks for coming down!