Tuesday 22 July 2014

Brown-Lowery Provincial Park


This place is less than 30 minutes from my house and until last week I did not know it existed!


I had planned on hiking with Chloe on Tuesday, and when it turned out that Mark, Monte, and Camille could join us I started researching for a hike that would work for Monte (on Mark's shoulders here, but he did hike the first couple of kilometres himself).


I was so happy to find something close - I'd rather spend most of my day hiking than most of my day driving to and from the hike. We even had a bit of a peak called Eagle's View.


Chloe brought her binoculars.


The second half of the hike was far easier than the first. All downhill on a shaded path, which we deserved after some surprisingly steep uphill in the middle. I'd like to do more hiking this summer, but I don't think I'll find another treasure like this one in my own backyard.

No comments: